The suede armchairs are so amazing, so soft, and so textured. Who does not remember those suede items, such as clothing or suede sofas?
In the 90s, they were in fashion. Many brands made a jacket with this material. It also has its disadvantages. The main one is that it is difficult to clean in garments, but even more difficult if we talk about cleaning suede armchairs. That is why we will give you the best cleaning tips.
Protect a piece of furniture made from suede.
One of the best recommendations is to buy a protective suede spray. Our recommendations are:
- Read the instructions before applying to maintain the best effect on the suede treatment.
- Keep the suede furniture in well-ventilated areas because the application of liquids and aerosols for the maintenance of the suede can be harmful and do not have sufficient ventilation.
- Always use masks and all kinds of protection to paint the maintenance suede that will be given.
- Use a spray for suede maintenance in section by section. So, you obtain the possibility of applying an additional layer as it dries.
- Leave it dry for at least 12 hours and in well-ventilated spaces.
Recommended cleaning time for suede.
You can choose weekly or monthly cleaning. It also depends on the dirt and exposure to liquids that the furniture has.
The living room furniture usually has cushions that are covered with suede. These must be removed for their corresponding cleaning, optionally weekly, depending on the frequency against dirt.
Dirt like crumbs and papers, dust, or pet hair can accumulate. The use of a vacuum cleaner is recommended to collect all kinds of dirt that cannot be removed by hand and may not be visible to the human eye.
- To clean the suede-covered cushions, use a brush or towel cloth.
- To avoid wear on the cushion suede, rotate the less worn sides, thus avoiding one-sided wear and avoiding additional expenses when replacing the cushion cover.
- Clean the suede-covered cushions at least once a week because dirt can cause them to become colored and lose luster, and in the worst case, they are damaged.